Hi, I'm Looking for a arm set to my Aquatica 5D mark II and the strobe sea&sea YS-D1.
Aquatica TLC or U.L.C.S
Which one is better?
thank you
Read-only discussion
Hi, I'm Looking for a arm set to my Aquatica 5D mark II and the strobe sea&sea YS-D1.
Aquatica TLC or U.L.C.S
Which one is better?
thank you
Honestly, I think arms are arms. There'll be a few nuances to clamp designs and the angular flexibility between arms they allow, and a few finish or weight differences. But in the end they'll all be banged up and scratched, with oxidation around the clamp springs, squeak and scare the fish away when you adjust them, and o-rings will dry out and crack and need replacement.
I've always had a preference for the look of the big wheel grips on the TLC clamps, they just look more comfortable to operate and more grippable in gloves. But somehow I've always been a used arm scavenger, and ended up somehow with more of the 'infinity-sign' type grips from ULCS or some of the lesser known copycats.
I have both ULCS and TLC and my ULCS look older than the TLC arms even though they are a lot newer. My TLC arms look as good as new and never seem to have salt build ups on them and no orings to break when you are in the middle of nowhere, although they are more expensive and harder (for me) to get hold off but in the long run i think they are a good buy.
i think it is much like all things in UW photography and is subject to personal preference and availability as well as price.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.