Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

DIY curled optical cable

Started by gobiodon ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

DIY curled optical cable

2 posts
  1. It was a topic before to make DIY optical cables. There were suggestions to simply use optical fibers as cheap options. There are many dealer selling it per meter.

    To make the length variable, the fibers can be curled. Previously I tried to use a hair drier to form the fibers but I've just found the hot water approach better. I gave a detailed description on how to curl optical fibers on my blog:

     

    http://fiberstrobe.blogspot.de/2013/04/curling-of-fibers.html

     

    I haven't tried it underwater but it should work well.

     

    post-2231-0-67393700-1365865789_thumb.jpg

     

    Cheers

     

    Marcell

  2. Nice tutorial, thank you !

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.