Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

D70 Topside. Color Shift Problem is Real! Darn it!

Started by UWphotoNewbie ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

D70 Topside. Color Shift Problem is Real! Darn it!

5 posts
  1. D70 Topside. Color Shift Problem is Real! Darn it!

    There has been some discussion over on the dpreview.com message boards about the D70 having a color shift problem. Basically, at shuter speeds of 1/8000 at iso 200 you get a green tone at the left hand side and a red tone on the right. I took my D70 outside today to test it myself and its true.

     

    These images were captured in NEF + jpg and converted to Nikon Capture 4.1. The only processing was to resize for posting. Both the original NEF and the jpg exhibited the color shift. Both images were taken with the Nikkor 50 mm f1.8 lens.

     

    I Can't seem to copy and paste the xeif info but you'll have to trust me that I shot these at Iso 200 with 1/8000 and f/2 and f/1.8

     

    These images are not perfectly exposed I'm just learning manual control. But they aren't bad off. I'm a bit dissapointed because I really do love this camera and I have a lot invested in it. I don't really think this will limit me tremendously 1/8000 and 1/4000 aren't too critical. But the fact is that this flaw is there.

     

    I hope Nikon will fix it in firmware.

     

    [Editor: removed the attached images from this post -- new ones were posted, below]

  2. Sorry, Images were cut off. Try this.

  3. It's looks like a real problem (I also read Dpreview forums) that Nikon will have to deal with.

    but it’s not really an issue in the real world and especially under water (how care about shooting on land :) )

  4. Definitely looks like something Nikon will have to address.

     

    I doubt however, that you'll run into on that many occassions, so enjoy the camera for what it is.

  5. I agree - don't worry about it. I doubt you'll be shooting at 1/8000th much.

     

    Cheers

    James

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.