Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Easydive LEO II housing, any comments?

Started by Eddcar ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Easydive LEO II housing, any comments?

7 posts
  1. Read an introduction on a dive magazine and pretty impressed by the design of capable to house different models of DSLR from Canon and Nikon by only switched the mount plate.

     

    Does anyone use this housing and is it a good option? Thanks!

  2. Yes, I tried one for the 7D for a dive. Works off electronics which took a bit of getting use to. I had no problems for the dive but the owner did say he had some issues with the controller reliability. Also the big dome port is small and can't handle corners with anything less than 22mm. They have limited port extensions. Overall, I think it's a nice idea and I'd jump on it if they had better support and bigger domes. I hate sending things back to the EU. I think they have a lifetime warranty.

  3. Hi guys,

    most probably EasyDive is trying to improving his dome choice. The follows images are from the EudiShow in Milan, last February.

     

    25_VAR_0028.jpg

     

     

    But I think that's still a work around

     

    by

    Edited by vbpress
  4. Thank you very much for the comments. I'm looking for a housing for my wife's 6D and would definitely keep an eye on improvements from EasyDive then, thanks!

  5. Hi,

    I have this housing for my Nikon D800 and I'm very happy with it. I think that the possibility to use the same housing with different Nikon or Canon camera it's a great added value. I've got no problem with controller reliability.

    As regard the dome choice I think it's enough:

    Dome 4" - 6" - 10"

    Flat port

    Extension 15mm - 30mm - 40mm

     

    For more information look at www.easydive.it

  6. Any new comments?

  7. Well, I've looked in the Leo Lens Chart for Nikon.

    Yes Easydive produce a 9" acrylic dome port, but the lens chart suggest the use only with fisheye full frame lenses (and the old AF 14mm).

    Mmmmm ... no indication about 9" acrylic dome uses with rectilinear wide angle zoom (for instance the 16-35), further Easydive tells to housing wide angle zoom with the optical crystal dome plus exensions. Lens chart of all other manufacturers gives clear indications about this applications.

     

    by

    Edited by vbpress
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.