Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

wet lenses 67mm thread

Started by Kevindale222 ·

  • 17Posts
  • 17Replies

Read-only discussion

wet lenses 67mm thread

17 posts
  1. Can anyone give me some info for comparision of the inon ucl100 m67 and subsee+10 dioptors (or any other). pro's and cons and preferred wet lense for olympus epl-3 in pt-ep05l housing.

  2. Hi Kevindale. The UCL100 lens was designed by Inon to work only with compact cameras. With M43 as with SLR cameras, the lens will not perform properly. you can consider stacking up 2 UCL165 and get 6 or 12 diopters. The price difference is about £50.00,

    in terms of image quality the Subsee is by far a better option for your EP-L3

  3. Hi Kevindale. The UCL100 lens was designed by Inon to work only with compact cameras. With M43 as with SLR cameras, the lens will not perform properly. you can consider stacking up 2 UCL165 and get 6 or 12 diopters. The price difference is about £50.00,

    in terms of image quality the Subsee is by far a better option for your EP-L3

    I don't think this is correct the lens is compatible with a number of changeable camera lenses and DSLR depending on the lens used

    http://www.inon.co.jp/cgis/news/img/UCL-100_Compatible_En.pdf

    The UCL100 works with the EPL-3 provided he is using the flat port lens 14-42

    In terms of image quality I would not say the subsee is better, the construction of the lenses is similar and both have virtually no fringing both lenses are quite heavy in water and cumbersome to manouvre

     

    Price is where the difference is as the Inon is more expensive than subsee however you can stack more lenses on it if you really needed to, not with the sub see, those lenses are not meant to be stacked

    Edited by Interceptor121
  4. Thanks guys. Still little confused though. Have you guys tried these wet lenses with the epl-3?

  5. Is there any other wet lenses you could recommend?

  6. Depends on the magnification you are after and the master lens you have. If you have the 14-42 mm you only need 5 diopters to have a magnification ratio of 2:1 that is more than adequate.

    What are you thinking of shooting in terms of subjects and what is your master lens?

  7. I am using the 14-42mm lens and will want to be shooting nudi's, and general small fish (blennys, hawk fish, sea horse,etc (crayfish when in uk)

  8. For those size items around 1" you need only a 5/6 diopter. An Inon UCL165 or a Subsee 5 will be sufficient and allow you to get good results even when you are not too close and be more flexible than a stronger lens

    I used to have an Olympus PTMC-01 not a lot of magnification but great optical quality, that will also work very well

  9. Thanks alot for your help much appreciated. I'm edging towards the inon wet lenses. I also like the inon uwl-100m67. As far as I am aware it gives 100 degree field of view with the standard port. Is this correct with the possibility of 150 degree with the correct dome. I was wondering if you knew what the field of view is with the 12-42mm lens in the olympus pt-ep05l. Was wondering if it was worth getting both the WA and close up wet

    Lenses?

  10.  

    Thanks alot for your help much appreciated. I'm edging towards the inon wet lenses. I also like the inon uwl-100m67. As far as I am aware it gives 100 degree field of view with the standard port. Is this correct with the possibility of 150 degree with the correct dome. I was wondering if you knew what the field of view is with the 12-42mm lens in the olympus pt-ep05l. Was wondering if it was worth getting both the WA and close up wet

    Lenses?

     

    As far as I know the lens is compatible in the base version but with the dome you will have vignetting so it has to be seen what the field of view will be in reality

    Without the dome you should get 100 degrees diagonal as per specs

    I have this lens for my panasonic lx7 and it is really great in terms of no vignette but even with my camera the dome is problematic

    Maybe you can start with the base lens the dome can be added later anyway

  11. Ok thanks. Does the WA lens make a serious amount of difference. How much wider does the lens actually add?

  12. quote a lot from 54 just with the port to 100 degrees

  13. Awesome. That does make a difference. :). I was wondering the degree field of view with the standard set up.

  14. I believe your 35mm equivalent focal length at wide end is 28mm in water those drop from 75 to 54 so yes a lens makes the difference

    But you could also out a fisheye lens on the camera and use a dome I guess?

  15. My husband and I both have EPL3s. I opted for a wide angle Inon wet lens and dome port. Nice but bulky and adds weight. My husband opted for 8 mm panasonic and the dry Zen port which is small and neat ; thought the port would need modification for use with EPL3 but it didn't. i have to admit I am a tad jealous...

  16. Borrowed and brought Inon and Subsee for my last trip.

    As a beginner, the Subsee10+ is a way too much, especially when I mounted in front of macro lens. Better to have them both

  17. This thread is of interest to me. I have an E-PL5 and would like to get a housing for it that would allow the use of wet lenses if possible. The Olmpus housing for the E-Pl5 doesn't come with a 67mm thread but I have the option to buy the flat post from the E-Pl5 housing (the one with the built in lights) and I believe this does have a 67mm thread. At present I just have a 14-42 lens.

     

    Will this work (ie using the E-Pl3 port on the E-PL5 housing)? Will it be feasible to get good results with both close up and wide angle wet lenses?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.