Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Finally got a Nexus D7000! Anyone has a manual?

Started by divephilippines ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Finally got a Nexus D7000! Anyone has a manual?

7 posts
  1. Dear friends,

     

    Finally got my wished Nexus D7000 during my last trip to the MDF in Japan :)

     

    Does anyone have an English manual from Nexus? just having difficulties with the wheel alignment for changing from manual to program and priorities... I insert the camera with the wheel up but when closing the housing and pressing the wheel down, the dial doesn't rotate... Any suggestions?

     

    By the way, using the Inon s2000, with the Nikon D7000 in manual mode, should I use the magnets?

     

    Thanks a lot! Hoping to wet the new equipment soon :)

     

    Charlie

  2. Have you removed the rubber eye piece on the camera body viewfinder & protective cover on LCD? These will keep the back of the housing from seating properly, and could result in a leak.

    Sorry - cant help with manual. My D300 manual is in Japanese.

  3. Thank you very much! I just discovered the problem, I missed to install a little cap supplied by Nexus on top of the mode dial of the camera, that's why the knob was not even touching the camera dial.. Hahaha...now it works :)

     

    Thanks a lot!

  4. Here it is :)

     

     

    .facebook_-1134562586.jpg

  5. I am quite happy with the housing and the decision to go for the Nexus system, its light, compact and very well built.

     

    .In regards to the o-rings, I have not yet remove the main housing o-ring as it seems a bit tight and no space for my thin plastic card to fit/help remove it and I don't want to force it at all, unlike to o-rings from the ports which are much easier to remove for greasing and insert again.Did you have difficulties removing your main housing o-ring or do you just grease the half visible part of it without taking it off ? How often do you remove it once regularly diving with it?

     

    By the way, you can check more detailed pics in this link from a distributor Nexus D7000 Here a first pool test samples (heads >0.5cm) . I am using a Nikon 60mm + 1.4x._DSC0726.jpg_DSC0673.jpgThanks again and warm regardsCharlie

  6. Guitar picks work great. They come in several thicknesses, so buy a selection. Like you say the main o-ring is a tight fit. It takes a little practice removing & re-installing. Place it flat into the groove with a little finger pressure. If you work it parallel to the groove it will elongate slightly & won't fit properly (appears too long).

     

    On a trip I only remove the o-ring if its really necessary to properly clean it. Most of the time I can remove minor debris with it in place. Try to keep the area between the o-ring & groove clean. Something like the corner of a business card works for this. You can flick out small particles with it. I usually can do a long dive trip without removing the o-ring but do remove it afterwards for a good cleaning & complete re-greasing

     

    I suggest buying a complete re-build kit for the housing. It includes ALL the o-rings & new stainless c-clips that go on the button shafts. Also 2 strap wrenches (plastic handle with about 20-25mm wide rubber strap). Sometimes its really hard to unscrew the port. Nexus is a great housing. Not many of us use one.

    Edited by jcclink
  7. Thank you very much for your kind reply and detailed advice :) I very much appreciate it!

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.