Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus E-PM1 settings help

Started by Kelpfish ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus E-PM1 settings help

3 posts
  1. My wife has an Olympus E-PM1 and the Olympus housing and the instructions tell us to set the camera to underwater mode. Their manual is as clear as mud on how to do this. First, is it really necessary to set it to this mode? If she is shooting in RAW I'd think it won't matter if all the setting does is control WB. But if the underwater setting actually affects mechanical functionality like wide angle and macro functionality, then I guess I will need to figure it out. Can anyone shed some light on this and help me out?

     

    I did try to follow the manual and it replaced the video record button with something else and I couldn't shoot video. I reset the camera to factory default and am back to square one.

     

    Thanks in advance for the help.

  2. I believe that some olympus housings (if you are using electrical sync) use the underwater mode to allow the flash to fire even if it is down. If that is true you are stuck using it that way I think.

    Bill

  3. I thought so, Bill. Her old Olympus 5060 set up was hard wired and required that special set up. Her current system is all fiber optic. Thanks for the help, that answers my question.

     

    Joe

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.