Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Komputerbay UDMA7 1000x 128GB Compact Flash Cards

Started by Drew ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Komputerbay UDMA7 1000x 128GB Compact Flash Cards

4 posts
  1. I have a 128GB Lexar 1000x which is super fast but also over $650 per card. The speed of the card allowed my 5D3/1Dx to maintain 3fps when the buffer was full. Then I read about the Komputerbay cards on Amazon, which were $180 each. Now I always think that you get what you pay for and at almost 1/3 the price of competing brands, there had to be a catch.

     

    Reading the comments, there were some issues with DOA and corruption, but the price point was right so I ordered 2. Testing the cards in my USB3 reader, it could read @ 150+MB/s and write around 85MB/s, which suited my needs. Now with the 5D3 been made a RAW video camera, it turns out to be the bargain CF card for 1000x memory. It can handle sustained 85MB/s writing for at least 1 minute of RAW video. Which makes it an ideal budget card for the 5D3.

    I've only had them for about a month and the cards haven't failed or corrupted any files yet. I do think that the reliability and/or QC won't be up to the league of Sandisk or Lexar, but for bang for buck, nothing can beat the Komputerbay CF cards right now.

     

    Edit: I cannot recommend these cards at all. They fail frequently and aren't reliable.

    Edited by Drew
  2. yeah waiting for mine to arrive

  3. Opps spoke too soon....both cards have died. Will be sending it back for replacement. But if there is a serious shoot, don't use these cards. They are fine for non-essential work.

    Apparently these are failed QC chipsets so the failure rate will be much higher than a normal one. It is annoying to lose an hour of clips with test. Ah well.

  4. I had two 32GB SDHC cards from this brand supposed to be lifetime warranty

     

    On one dive on the 3 dive trip some months later the purchase the camera stopped working underwater I thought I had flooded it

    It was instead a write error the card died and never came back

    The other one I bought at the same time kept working and I now carry it around but am scared to actually try it

     

    When I wrote to return the card to the dealer (it was in warranty) I never got a reply back, with other cards like transcend I actually had a replacement send

     

    Summary when it comes to memory don't go cheap

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.