The Oly OMD seems like it has just about everything I want in a mirrorless system for underwater. Although I haven't held one yet the reviews sound good.
What about the Canon or Nikon mirror less cameras?
One thing I do need is a viewfinder so that eliminates quite a few other ones.
Has anyone heard of any new cameras coming out this year?
The attraction of the Olympus and Panasonic cameras is the range of lenses available for them. They are expensive, but there is everything you could need, save a teleconverter.
Alex
I think the micro four thirds is now a fairly mature system with a good range of lenses and wide user base and I love the size. I have no desire to change from it, and for me the "waiting" is to see if I will like the new GX Panasonic body and if Nauticam will house it. I have a slight preference for the Panasonic user interface over the Olympus or I would already have an OMD. If you need a viewfinder then the OMD seems a pretty clear choice unless you want to go big, and then there are all kinds of arguments Nikon vs Canon. Good luck.
I think neither Canon nor Nikon are very interested in creating a mirrorless environment that would ultimately cannibalize their DSLR world. As Alex says, except for a teleconverter the u4/3 world seems mostly complete with good wide angle and macro capabilities. I am still hoping that the NEX world catches up at a reasonable price but macro in that world still seems underwhelming.