Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nikon 20-35mm f2.8 in Subal ND3

Started by ianmarsh ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Nikon 20-35mm f2.8 in Subal ND3

3 posts
  1. Does anyone have experience with this older setup? I can't find any specific reference to it.

     

    Subal suggests a 40mm extension with the 8 inch FE port and a +2 diopter.

     

    When assembled, the lens looks like it sits too far forward in the dome.

    I am specifically wondering about stacking a 15 + 33. It looks better, but I am wondering if there is anything I am missing.

    Also is the +2 diopter enough?

     

    I'm going to try it in a pool, but looking for advice.

     

    Thanks in advance for any input.

     

    Ian

  2. Based on a little optical theory, and quite a lot of experience with mid-range wide-angle lenses, I predict disappointment...

  3. I'm feeling a rain cloud forming over my little parade... :)

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.