Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon 10D not playing nice with Inon Z220

Started by Bubble Girl ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon 10D not playing nice with Inon Z220

3 posts
  1. Okay, so I've decided to dust off my subal c10, Canon 10d and Inon Z220 single strobe and take it to Bonaire on a dive trip. It's been a while since I used it last, in Palau, back in 2006! Needless to say, I'm a little rusty with my rig.

     

    Individually all pieces work. It's getting them to work together that's giving me trouble. I can't get the strobe to fire when I click the shutter button to take a photo. It seems like there's too much power coming from the strobe, and it's causing certain functions of my canon to stop working - such as the menu, info, playback buttons. I can live with those not working. I just want my strobe to fire when I take a shot.

     

    What am I doing wrong? I'm currently in Bonaire (06 June). If you can help asap, that would be much appreciated. Otherwise, I will just keep using my GoPro Hero3. However, I would really like to take some amazing stills with my Canon setup.

  2. What sort of flash connection are you using? Nikonos? Have you verified all the connections are nice and tight?

  3. Sea and sea connectors.

     

    I figured out the problem though... the poor housing, although in mint condition, is getting old like me. The shutter toggle tends to stick and was depressing the shutter release halfway, which disabled the strobe and messed up the menu buttons. The strobe couldn't figure out what I was asking from it, and the camera couldn't operate normally while I was inadvertently pressing the shutter halfway.

     

    All is working fine now. Phew!

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.