Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Gel filters and the Sigma 15

Started by John Bantin ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Gel filters and the Sigma 15

2 posts
  1. I've had such great success recently with the D800 in natural light (eg hammerhead shots) I thought I'd fit a filter to the back of the Sigma15 and do more. Has anyone noticed any deterioration of sharpness doing this? I know a lot of you use Magic filters. I still have a large stock of Wratten filters from my professional photography days but of course I used them with big cameras not these little DSLRs.

    Edited by John Bantin
  2. Good question John, i was asking me the same question but never made some tests, mainly because of the lack of filters here where i live.
    I would like to try shaping a glass red filter to the size and thickness to fit this tiny filter holder the Sigma 15mm has.

    I believe that the Sigma with the right colored red filter on a sunny day and our excellent Sardinian viz will produce excellent pictures of our wreck here.
    I may should give a try to Lee gels as i should be able to get a piece here.

    Chris

     

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.