Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

ikelite housing for 5d mark ii

Started by team2jnd ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

ikelite housing for 5d mark ii

3 posts
  1. I know the topic of converting an ikelite housing from the 5d to 5d mark ii has been discussed at length. However, I am unable to get my ds125 to fire using the Mark ii in the original 5d housing. Does anybody know why this is? The TTL light lights up on the housing but no matter what setting I put the strobe on, it will not fire. The hot shoe mount seems to fit fine but I have no idea what the issue is. Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Jim

  2.  

    I know the topic of converting an ikelite housing from the 5d to 5d mark ii has been discussed at length. However, I am unable to get my ds125 to fire using the Mark ii in the original 5d housing. Does anybody know why this is? The TTL light lights up on the housing but no matter what setting I put the strobe on, it will not fire. The hot shoe mount seems to fit fine but I have no idea what the issue is. Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Jim

     

    Jim: were you able to resolve this? Am curious whether this is a problem for all when using the 5D2 in the 5D housing.

  3. Jim: were you able to resolve this? Am curious whether this is a problem for all when using the 5D2 in the 5D housing.

    It was strange, I tried again before I sold the housing and the strobes fired fine (topside). I must not have had the hotshoe connected properly. I honestly have no idea what the issue was. However, I have no idea if the TTL would have worked. Wish I could be more help.

     

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.