Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Help with Nikon Capture

Started by UWphotoNewbie ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Help with Nikon Capture

2 posts
  1. Help with Nikon Capture

    I'm having a problem using Nikon Capture 4.1 to open RAW files. When I open a NEF, the image displayed shows up in a monocrome color kind of like viewing a negative. The files are ok--saving them as jpg or TIF and opening in photoshop, the colors are normal.

     

    I tried all of the color space drivers in tools/options/color management but while this changed the display nothing made the images look normal.

     

    I am using windows xp with a Samsung SyncMaster 955df monitor and NVIDIA gforce 2 card.

  2. Turns out the problem was with my settings in adobe gamma in the control pannel. I never had a problem with display before on any application, but I played around with the adobe gamma settings and found a profile that fixed the problem. Appearently the profile in adobe gamma has to be compatible with the profile in Nikon Capture color management.

     

    Nikmon technical support tried to look at this problem. In fairness they were quick to reply and help but were utterly clueless in troubleshooting this.

     

    Just in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.