Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Gear upgrade advice

Started by team2jnd ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Gear upgrade advice

1 posts
  1. I currently have a 5d mark ii in an ikelite housing made for a 5d. Obviously I only have access to the very basic controls and my strobes are not firing with this setup. I want to upgrade and am debating between getting the ikelite 5d mark ii housing or going with a used aquatica setup for the mark ii. Obviously I know the aquatica housing will be far more expensive but I am wondering if it will be worth the extra money. I am living in hawaii and mainly do landscape photography but have recently been doing more dive photography. I would like to try surf photography but don't know how well the polycarbonate housing will hold up if it gets hit with a wave. Any advice would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Jim

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.