Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea & Sea 7.2 inch optical dome port - opinions

Started by chipi ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea & Sea 7.2 inch optical dome port - opinions

2 posts
  1. Hi all

     

    I have Nikon D700 in Sea & Sea MDX PRO housing.

     

    I shoot with Sigma 15mm fisheye and Sea & Sea 7.2 inch optical dome port.

     

    What is the established opinion around this dome port from people who have it or had it. Port itself has a nice price tag on it but I did not see many people using it to be honest.

     

    Basically I am trying to see if this combo is a final combo or not for this fisheye lens. I "think" my photos are not as sharp as they should be, but not 100% sure. Will know more in about a month once I get back from the upcoming trip.

     

    Also, does anyone has experience with Nikon fisheye and this port as well?

     

    Thanks,

    Marko

     

  2. Hi Marco

    What conclusion did you come to with the dome? I have one for my D300, now thinking of going FX and wondering will it be suitable with the sigma 15mm FE.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.