Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Problems with body tilt with IkeLite Canon 60D enclosure

Started by ricke ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Problems with body tilt with IkeLite Canon 60D enclosure

3 posts
  1. I'm running into a challenging issue where when I mount a Canon 60D to the tray for an IkeLite 60D enclosure the camera tilts a bit too far forward. This causes things like the control lever for the on/off switch to not reach fully and the camera lens is not centered properly in the port hole.

    Its a new enclosure, I sent it back for evaluation and it checked out perfectly. Chatting with them by phone it seemed like the likely issue was that I didn't have the tray screw pushed all the way through the tray before screwing into the camera's tripod hole.

    Well I followed that advise and see the exact same issue.

     

    Has anyone seen a similar situation and might have a clue as to what I might possibly be doing wrong?

     

    What's odd is there are two rear posts on the tray, one tall one on the left and a shorter one on the right. When the camera is mounted on the tray the right post looks fine but the left post seems to look too high as it pushes up against the LCD screen hinge.

     

    Thanks for any tips,

     

    Rick

     

  2. The pins that stick up near the back of the camera are supposed to be behind the camera to keep it from twisting. Mount the camera to the mounting plate, take some pictures and post them. tahe some pictures level with the bottom of the camera where it attaches to the mounting plate.

     

    where are you located?

  3. I'm running into a challenging issue where when I mount a Canon 60D to the tray for an IkeLite 60D enclosure the camera tilts a bit too far forward. This causes things like the control lever for the on/off switch to not reach fully and the camera lens is not centered properly in the port hole.

    Its a new enclosure, I sent it back for evaluation and it checked out perfectly. Chatting with them by phone it seemed like the likely issue was that I didn't have the tray screw pushed all the way through the tray before screwing into the camera's tripod hole.

    Well I followed that advise and see the exact same issue.

     

    Has anyone seen a similar situation and might have a clue as to what I might possibly be doing wrong?

     

    What's odd is there are two rear posts on the tray, one tall one on the left and a shorter one on the right. When the camera is mounted on the tray the right post looks fine but the left post seems to look too high as it pushes up against the LCD screen hinge.

     

    Thanks for any tips,

     

    Rick

     

     

     

    I had the same issue with my Canon 7d. I had to send it back into Ikelite.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.