Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Unknown mollusk egg cases found on St. Pete Beach, FL

Started by SeaScout ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Unknown mollusk egg cases found on St. Pete Beach, FL

3 posts
  1. I found these washed up on the beach after Tropical Storm Andrea June 7th. I know they are not Whelk or True Tulip egg cases. Does anyone know what they might be?post-42211-0-43212800-1372021855_thumb.jpgpost-42211-0-54290000-1372021857_thumb.jpg

  2. At first glance, and with no reference material available, I'd say a species of Murex. Where are you?

  3. St. Pete Beach on the west coast of Florida near St. Petersburg.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.