Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

How do you achieve this?

Started by kc_moses ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

How do you achieve this?

4 posts
  1.  

    The blue is very blue, not just in the water but also at the beach. The blue color balance out the sunball ray and not over expose the sunball. I'm currently using a Panasonic LX-7 point and shoot and couldn't achieve this level of quality. The video was shot with Canon 5DMark II. I'm considering using my Canon 7D in the future as upgrade. But I couldn't find any Canon 7D footage with this level of quality in Youtube, is there a trick to get this kind of quality?

     

    I used Magic Filter before and still not at this quality.

     

    Judging from the video above, these are the only thing I could think of that's heading to the right direction:

    1.) shoot at 24 fps?

    2.) Custom white balance at depth.

     

    Also, there is virtually no particle/backscatter in the footage, could the water really be that clean/clear or there is a trick? Man the video is so inspiring!

  2. thank you for sharing....5D mark II has its advantages...say sensor much larger. Given the price of 7D housing I will prefer buying a 5DIII for the whole upgrade. .

    You have to notice the depth was very shallow and the author used an extensive list of equipment, other than just the 5D2 camera body.

  3. Thanks! I'm fairly familiar with the author's equipment, especially the Magic filter. I just don't know in which scene he used the 2400 lumen light. I'm playing around with my point and shoot now on land and so far I think under expose the video make the blue more pop. I will keep experiment before putting more money into a dSLR set up.

  4. By using fisheye lenses like Tokina 10-17mm on DX or 15mm Sigma on FX, Magic filter or another filter of your choice and custom white balancing at different depths. For macro just use bloody bright dive lights.

     

    Regards Mark

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.