Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sharing the same housing Nikon D7000/D7100 D600/?D800

Started by Mark K ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Sharing the same housing Nikon D7000/D7100 D600/?D800

9 posts
  1. Has anyone tried to use newer Nikon camera bodies into the same housing? Having read Michael's reviews about D7100, I started to notice Nikon has built D7000, D7100 and D600 with very similar camera bodies so they can fit into the same housing. As the dSLR housings have never been more affordable than camera bodies, I started to wonder if I can buy a housing for, say my D800 so I can use an new D400 body later for underwater shooting :crazy:

     

    http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/nikon-d7100-mini-review

     

  2. It's never worked in the past....

  3. D200 housing will take D300 body, with minor mods.

     

    But that was down to luck I think, more than anything.

  4. Mark K,

    as fa is know the only unirsal housing is this italian made;

    http://www.easydive.it/content_e.asp?ID=60

    It works because it has no buttons pushing the camera buttons, the buttons on the side use the USB port of the camera.

     

    Chris

    Edited by ChrigelKarrer
  5. Allyou can do is try. When my Ikelite housing developed a crack at the shutter release bulkhead I managed to usemy D7000 in my D200 housing. Not every feature was accessable but it worked ok, saved my vacation. i would try someones hosing and see what was usable, some features I never use and wouldn't miss.

  6. Hi,

     

    Anthis/Nexus has factory upgrade for

    D90 to D7000

    D200 to D300

    D300/300s to D700

    D700 to D800

     

    and more info can be found at www.anthisnexus.com

     

    and I am using D800 in my old Nexus D200 housing.

     

     

    Sam

  7.  

    Anthis/Nexus has factory upgrade for

    D90 to D7000

    D200 to D300

    D300/300s to D700

    D700 to D800

     

    and more info can be found at www.anthisnexus.com

     

    Sam

     

    Great news...

     

    ... except that droves of Anthis/Nexus users have given up because service and parts have been unavailable in Europe and the USA.

  8. Thank you...eventually it comes back to Nexus. My local diving buddies use Nexus housings....

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.