Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam LCD Magnifier with Dioptric Adjustment

Started by diveski01 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam LCD Magnifier with Dioptric Adjustment

6 posts
  1. Does anyone have first-hand experience using this accessory?

  2. Funny, I was about to ask the exact same question!

     

    I have used a Hoodman for my SLR land camera that works rather well but I had dismal results with an underwater LCD magnifier ( non- Nauticam ) . So I really would like to know about the Nauticam as well. Lets hope someone can chime in!

  3. I received mine a couple weeks ago, just in time for a trip to Bonaire. I used it on 23 or 24 dives, shooting both WA and macro. I am very happy with it, and would buy it again for sure!

     

    I was unsure if it could be removed during a dive, and it can! Just pop it off the rails -- easy!

     

    FWIW it's on my Nauticam NA-Rx100 housing.

  4. Thanks for that response! It was very helpful. So, which lenses are you using for WA and macro? Those would be next on my list.

  5. For WA I have the Inon UWL-H100 Type 2 with the Dome unit. I am extremely happy with the WA stuff.

     

    For macro i have two Inon UCL-165. I was using them with a Saga flip adapter. When stacked, I had a hard time getting the camera to focus. The last day I moved my focus light to where it was closer to my subjects and it seemed to help. I am going to get a better focus light before my next trip - probably a sola photo 800. I didn't try stacking them both on the housing without the flip adapter, so I am not sure if that would help with the focus issue I was having.

  6. I like bayonet mount so I'm planning to get the Nauticam 67mm to Inon LD Mount Adapter when I get my first wet lens. I'll probably start with the Inon UWL-H100 28LD. Need to get the camera and housing first though. Soon. Very, very soon.

     

    .

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.