Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony DSC Rx100 .... new model

Started by Osprey ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony DSC Rx100 .... new model

12 posts
  1. I logged on tonight expecting to order a Sony DSC RX100 .... initially put off as housing were almost twice price of camera, now that there are much more price friendly housing available. (less than 30% of camera price)

     

    I was surprised to see that Sony have released a new version of the camera - DSC RX100 II

    Tilting LCD, Hot shoe and new menus - may not be of much use to divers, but the backlit sensor is quoted as giving a full stop gain, and also a 40% increase in Low Light sensitivity, and greatly increased focus speed in Low Light .... now that is of interest.

     

    Already rated very highly as the market leader in compact with it's 1" sensor ... this could now make it a very good choice for divers who don't want to go DSLR route.

     

    Was enough to make me hold off for a couple of weeks for prices to settle.

     

    Initial review at the ever useful DP review site
    http://www.dpreview.com/previews/sony-cybershot-dsc-rx100-m2

     

     

  2. Looks pretty promising. From the dimensions and photos, it looks like it might fit in existing housings? Appears the tilting LCD only adds a few mm to the back, and buttons are in the same place.

     

    Will be curious to see if the low light performance is indeed better.

  3. Sent an inquiry to Nauticam re: M2 housing compatibility. They say they are working on a housing for M2 and "it is working very well"

  4. Sent an inquiry to Nauticam re: M2 housing compatibility. They say they are working on a housing for M2 and "it is working very well"

    Very interesting

    I have the RX100M2 and I am in contact with nauticam for the housing

    Right now as of two days ago I was told that nauticam themselves have not got an RX100M2 device to actually do anything yet

    Because of the hot shoe the top of the housing will most likely need redesign. The front part may work with change of the internal gear

    Era typically would be early November unless the a housing is a mod of the existing one

    Edited by Interceptor121
  5. Humm, very interesting indeed. My email came in yesterday. Left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing or something else going on?

  6. I got reply from them...a housing for Mark II RX100 is in production. I placed my preorder for the camera :dancing:

  7. Recsea has announced their housing

    Now nauticam will have to get going

  8. I don't see anything about it on the Recsea website. Where did they announce it and did they say what stage if the process they are at?

  9. it is here on wetpixel go on the main site news section

  10. Thanks

  11. I can't help but ...too excited to get one housing for my Instructor's friend..My instructor only shoots using smaller cameras and currently he is using RX100.

    I will let you guys know how this housing works with the RX100 II...Nauticam has done a great job in improving already excellent RX100 housing.

    \

  12. Mark, just to clarify, you have obtained a Nauticam housing for the RX -100 M2?

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.