Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Subal 1DS mk2 /w Sigma 15mm focus issue

Started by betti154 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Subal 1DS mk2 /w Sigma 15mm focus issue

3 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    I'm posting this for a mate in the field. He's got a 1DS mk2 in subal housing, 9" port but no extension; and getting focus issues (ie can't lock).

     

    I looked on the subal site but can't find the port extension recommendations, does anyone know the right extension (if any).

     

    I've got a canon 28mm, 17-40mm and tokina 10-17mm I can send him tomorrow if either of those will work for him.

     

    Thanks in advance, Damien

     

     

  2. Ok, I've got a real Internet connection and browser and the subal site is sort of useful to me now. it seems the 15mm extension is required with the Sigma 15mm (# EXR15).

     

    It also seems as though any of the lenses I could send him need an extension too, bugger.

     

    regards, ds

  3. That lens will definitely focus without the extension, and I'd venture to say that the results will be indistinguishable with and without. So this isn't the issue, and I'd keep looking.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.