I just came back from my first dive trip using my new setup: 7D/Nauticam w/dual ike 125's.
I was previously using a G-series setup. It took me 3 dives before I started getting decent pictures.
I was first using all Manual settings and my pictures were coming out a bit dark (strobes were
1/4), I then tried aperture priority and the pics came out poor due to very slow shutter speeds (1/5 - 1/30).
Finally, I set speed to around 180-200, ISO = 160-200, stobes on full and Fstop between 10-15 and the pics
started to look pretty good.
My question is why the Aperture priority was so far off? Was there a setting I was missing? It makes sense
to me that it would slow shutter speeds down to increase light, as I presume it does not know I would light the
scene up with the strobes? Is A mode just not suitable for underwater or do you also need to have some ETL
going on to get a proper meter?