Does anyone have experience using this newish lens from Tamron?
Tamron 90mm f/2.8 SP Di MACRO 1:1 VC USD Lens
it looks pretty nice and i can't find any appreciable difference between it or the canon 100mmL macro except its $400 cheaper.
It has increased in length so would it now fit in the same port (ikelite) that the canon 100mmL uses?
any input on this lens is appreciated
thanks
The 90mm VC has been around for awhile... I tried one out on land and it's very sharp. I decided not to pursue one for underwater use because it extends too much in length when focusing which would require a pretty long and large diameter port. I think it extends as much as 2-3 inches, so check to ensure it will fit in the 100mm Canon / Ike port at full extension.
ah i didnt know it extended, so that is a deal breaker right there haha
thank you, back to the canon 100L it is
Hi,
The Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro 1:1 is a very good alternative to the others 105, 100, and 85mm macro lenses. I bought one last year, and It is very sharp, and the AF is working very well. I use it with my Nikon D90 in a Nauticam housing. It doesn't extend (internal AF) and it fits perfectly in the Macro Port 60 + 20mm Extension Ring (Nauticam). Here are two recent shoots taken with this combination.