Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic Lumix TS5 60min U/W Time Limit?

Started by Pumba ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic Lumix TS5 60min U/W Time Limit?

1 posts
  1. I decided that I was going to purchase a Panasonic Lumix TS5 to bring on a snorkel with the Humpback Whales trip in 2014. Last night I changed my mind. In reading more reviews about this camera I learned that it was a 60 minute underwater time limit. I downloaded the manual and sure enough, it’s printed in the manual. This won’t work for me so now I’m back at square one searching all over again.

     

    Is this 60 minute rule the norm for underwater cameras? Have any of you ever used this camera underwater for longer? Did you have issues? I’m assuming this rule is to prevent leaks, is that correct?

     

    What camera would you recommend for such a trip? I’m getting overwhelmed by all of the choices out there. I’m hoping to find one that’ll take some good shots (good enough to print and hang and/or share online) and some good video if possible.

     

     

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.