Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony RX100M2 first impressions and comparison with original RX100

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony RX100M2 first impressions and comparison with original RX100

3 posts
  1. Thanks for writing that up.

     

    I'm a little confused about the soft corners with the RX original at apertures less than 5.6. By corners do you mean softness of any line in the photo or do you mean the corners of the photo?

     

    In your photo example on my screen the entire RX original looks completely out of focus overall and the MII looks a little soft overall. Is this from video mode or still shot? I ask because at the end you specifically mentioned video being soft at wide apertures and because I can't believe a still shot even from the original RX could be as badly out of focus as what I'm seeing.

  2. I can't reply to that specific question on here as it takes the issue out of context

    There are few articles around the rx100 and soft corners on both my blog and other sites

    Maybe you can have a look around and then if you need further clarifications happy to answer

     

    Edited by Interceptor121
Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.