Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Panasonic GX-7 vs LX-7 video feature

Started by kc_moses ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Panasonic GX-7 vs LX-7 video feature

2 posts
  1. Looking at the feature of both these cameras in the Video Mode, is it safe to assume that they both are the same? I know the GX-7 has the Mega O.I.S (something similar to a 5-axis?) optical stabilization so it would be easier to get smooth video. But I still don't know how a bigger sensor size impact video. Could the LX-7's 1.4F lens out perform most of the lens that mount on the GX-7? I'm purely interested from the video aspect.

     

    I wish the GX-7 has the 50Mb/s IPB-codec and 70Mb/s I-codec like the GH3, then it would be a better justification to upgrade from the LX-7, hmm.......

    Edited by kc_moses
  2. I would not class the GX7 in the same category if the LX7 that is a consumer camera with fixed lens

    Once you go mirrorless you are in the camp of having one lens for the dive

    In theory you can have a mini dome over a zoom video lens and then out a diopter over to work at close range however that ends up being fairly expensive in terms of ports and accessories

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.