Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Bonaire Blenny - dark upper lip

Started by tubino ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Bonaire Blenny - dark upper lip

3 posts
  1. I was just getting in the water at sunset when I spotted this one sort of "walking" on the sand. Pictures were taken before I had time to adjust strobes and camera settings, unfortunately. Lots of green and blue in the fins. It was certainly dusk/dark at this point, so there could be night coloration changes going on here, but that lip!

    I'm pretty sure this one pushed a female sailfin blenny out of a hole to hide...

    MysteryFish-8849-L.jpgMysteryFish-8850-L.jpgMysteryFish-8846-L.jpg

    MysteryFish-8848-L.jpg

  2. Maybe it's a cross-dressing female sailfin blenny wearing a mustache disguise...

  3. Les Wilk looked at the photos and thinks it is a female sailfin blenny with a weird lip.

    So much for my hope for discovery of the mustache blenny. :rolleyes:

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.