Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 17-70 mm dome

Started by r.m.jackson ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 17-70 mm dome

3 posts
  1. I would appreciate any recommendations based on experience for a dome port (Zen, Nauticam or S&S) useful for the Sigma 17-70 mm (macro) lens.

     

    Thank you.

  2. This lens works well in pretty much everything other than the small 4" dia domes used for fisheyes. So if you have a mid-size to big dome chances are you don't need to buy anything else. But if I were setting this up from scratch I'd use a 170mm optically coated glass dome w/ 5-6cm of extension (depending upon the 17-70 variant).

    post-820-0-71120100-1376688831_thumb.jpg

    Edited by Ryan
  3. Ryan,

     

    Thank you. I need a new dome, so I will order a Zen 170 mm in the next couple of weeks.

     

    Bob

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.