Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

GH3 Sample Video

Started by Cp ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

GH3 Sample Video

5 posts
  1.  

    Shot in Bonaire a couple of weeks ago, with Panasonic GH3, Panasonic 8mm and Olympus 60mm. Click on it (Vimeo logo) to play in Vimeo as it shows up pretty small here.

     

    Cheers,

    CP

    Edited by Cp
  2. Nice footage. Very promising setup.

    Thank you Chris for sharing

    Did you use the continuous autofocus in GH3? How did it behave? Was it helpful in all cases macro/wide?

    I know that you used lights but did you use Manual white balance and/or red filter?

  3. Nice footage. Very promising setup.

    Thank you Chris for sharing

    Did you use the continuous autofocus in GH3? How did it behave? Was it helpful in all cases macro/wide?

    I know that you used lights but did you use Manual white balance and/or red filter?

     

    Generally, I didn't use the continuous autofocus as I am used to shooting with preset focus, i.e. 5DIII for example. I used continuous AF for some land based stuff I shot and was pretty impressed by it. It is probably useful underwater but I just didn't get a chance to work on it.

     

    For color, I used a few different techniques, but yes, always manual white balance. Keldan CRI heads for a lot of the macro shots and I really like the nice broad color spectrum with those the CRI. No filter for macro.... but for wide angle I've been experimenting with some filters.

     

    Cheers,

    Cp

  4. Hi Chris, did you shoot in Manual mode or Shutter Priority mode? Love the sound track!

  5. Hi Chris, did you shoot in Manual mode or Shutter Priority mode? Love the sound track!

     

    Thanks! I like that song a lot too.

     

    All manual for the macro shots. A mix of manual (mostly) and S for wide angle. I shot more S when I did the oceanics on my first trip with gh3.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.