I know currently there are three available products for this little cameras
1. Recsea
2. Ikelite
3. NB (otherwise also known as Meikon, and their clones like Meike, Paloroid etc etc)
but...have to tell you guys Nauticam has been very aggressive and the housings are under mass production
I am lucky to get one for my friend and to be honest I was shocked by the size and weight of this housing.
The only other housingis the Ikelite for RX100. Ikelite is good except...it is larger and heavier.
Mark, aside from size are there any other changes on the Nauticam RX100-II from the original Nauticam RX 100? If so, what are the changes?
If you are asking if nauticam uses the hotshoe on the mark II it doesn't
However for the original one there was a version with an hdmi bulkhead so I wonder if there will also be a V version for this housing
There is an M16 accessory out on the Nauticam RX100II so can use the camera’s hotshoe.
Enough taunting already.... When will it be released?
If you are asking if nauticam uses the hotshoe on the mark II it doesn't
However for the original one there was a version with an hdmi bulkhead so I wonder if there will also be a V version for this housing
No, I was responding to a post Mark made in another thread saying something like 'Nauticam has done a great job of improving an already excellent Rx100 housing'.
I'm asking what are the improvements he mentioned.
I have published a mini review
Sony RX100 Mark II – Nauticam Housing Review | Interceptor121 Underwater Video
The mark II housing is functionally identical to the NA-RX100V there are no other significant changes
Correction - the Nauticam RX100II housing has an M16 bulkhead out for either an electronic synch out or a vacuum pressure testing valve. It is not designed for an HDMI bulkhead and external monitor. There is an RX100IIV version for this which will be released soon.
Thanks Alex. So no HDMI but electric sync
Nauticam finally has the RX100 II housing listed on their website
Just bought the RX100 and hoping to upgrade to the RX100ii after xmas. If i get the Nauticam housing for the mark ii can i get it to work with the RX100? It would save me having to change housings :-)
No, unfortunately the housings are not mutually compatible due to the increased thickness of the new version of the camera and the hot shoe.
If the new housing is thicker to take the thicker new camera I was hoping that the new housing would also take the old thinner camera?
Mike
The housing controls the camera buttons with gears and buttons that have to reach the proper place on the camera. If you put a smaller camera in, and push it forward for the housing buttons/gears to reach the front buttons on the camera (they may or may not line up with the camera), the buttons/gears on the back would not reach because they would be farther back due to the larger housing. Unfortunaely, the M2 housing is not going to work with the original RX100.
Got a surpise today when I stopped into my local underwater camera shop..... my Nauticam RX100 M2 housing is in! I now have the camera, housing, and assorted wet mate lenses for the M2! Yipee!!!
What do you think the price of the Nauticam housing for the RX-100 mk 2 will be?
It’s available now. £700 in the UK, approx €850 in Europe