Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

CANON 5D + Sigma 15mm f/2.8 with 8" Ikelite dome

Started by prolonga ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

CANON 5D + Sigma 15mm f/2.8 with 8" Ikelite dome

6 posts
  1. Did you never shoot with that combo?

    I'm considering that lens (I already have Canon 17-40mm f/4) as better CFWA lens but what about corner sharpness, flare....?

     

    Any hint about proper dome and port body setup?

     

    Tks

  2. Hi, Yes I used to use that exact combo. It works fine, corner sharpness is much better than with the 17-40. I didn't notice any problems with flare.

    I don't remember which port extension you use, but it will be on the Ikelite website- will be the same as for 5D Mark ii and iii.

    Hope that helps.

  3. Hi, Yes I used to use that exact combo. It works fine, corner sharpness is much better than with the 17-40. I didn't notice any problems with flare.

    I don't remember which port extension you use, but it will be on the Ikelite website- will be the same as for 5D Mark ii and iii.

    Hope that helps.

     

    Yes, very helpful, tks.

     

    Ciao

  4. Hi, Yes I used to use that exact combo. It works fine, corner sharpness is much better than with the 17-40. I didn't notice any problems with flare.

    I don't remember which port extension you use, but it will be on the Ikelite website- will be the same as for 5D Mark ii and iii.

    Hope that helps.

     

    Just one question more: does the lens fits with the 8" dome and its port extension (5510.10 for the older housing) or the two larges blades of the hood must be cut?

  5. Not for the 8" dome. There is plenty of space. You would need to shave the shades for the mini-4" dome.

     

    regards

    David

  6. Not for the 8" dome. There is plenty of space. You would need to shave the shades for the mini-4" dome.

     

    regards

    David

     

    :good:

     

    tks!

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.