Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

DESPERATELY Seeking Original, Smaller, SubSee Diopter(s)

Started by lindai ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

DESPERATELY Seeking Original, Smaller, SubSee Diopter(s)

2 posts
  1. The Setup:

    I'm shooting with a unique configuration. Nikon D300S, Nauticam Housing, and Athena Ring Flash. I know, Athena!. I have two of these, for backup, and both have made multiple trips, and spent months and months on the tech table in their country of origin. I would like to use the SubSee Diopters, both powers.

     

    The Problem:

    1) Adding a SubSee to the front of the ring flash creates a shadow zone. In order to light my subject, I have to move back. This reduces the effect of the magnification.

    2) There is a space between the end of the port and the SubSee. This also reduces the effect of the magnification.

    The combination of the effects makes the overall gain of the SubSee negligible, almost not worth the effort.

     

    The Solution:

    Using an original, smaller size, SubSee would allow it to sit in the recess in the middle of the ring flash. This would almost completely eliminate the shadow factor and allow the SubSee to rest against the port. Magnification would work as designed.

     

    The Plea:

    There does not seem to be any of the original SubSees available, anywhere! I am hoping that someone here has one sitting around that they are not really using, just hanging onto, and would come to the aid of a damsel in distress. Or, someone who is using one mounted on a flip-bracket would consider converting to the new SubSee and appropriate bracket. We can discuss terms.

     

    The Begging:

    Please, please, please, please.

     

    Thank you for your consideration,

     

    Linda I

  2. Considered the Aquatica close focus lenses?

     

    9002877525_a4daa6bc21.jpg

     

    available in both +5 and +10

     

    Just an idea

     

    Regards Mark

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.