Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Inon Mega Float Depth Rating

Started by aquanomad ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon Mega Float Depth Rating

3 posts
  1. I just got some mega floats to balance out my beast of a rig. Im shooting a Mkiii in an Aquatica housing (8" dome and macro ports), 404 tripod, arms and clamps, (2) YSD1's, Wahoo monitor, and an Edge Wasp video light. It weighs in at about 21# dry and 6.5# neg.

    I fitted (4) mega floats quite cleverly and unobtrusive on the system but am realizing it has a 230' depth rating. DOH! Has anyone had these deeper than that? My housing is rated for 425' and 250'-300' dives happen monthly. I just noticed Nauticam dropped the carbon floats rated to 330'. If the Inons implode below 230' it looks like I will return them and get the Nauticam instead.

    Thanks,

    Ian

  2. FWIW I've taken the Nauticam carbon floats to 100 metres without any issues...

  3. Any update on this? I am undecided whether I pick the inon or look elsewhere. The Nauticam carbonarms had a bach with flooding tendencies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.