Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Archos Jukebox Multimedia Battery Issues - Solved

Started by robmcmahon ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Archos Jukebox Multimedia Battery Issues - Solved

1 posts
  1. Archos Jukebox Multimedia Battery Issues - Solved

    I have been suffering from terrible battery life with my Jukebox. Getting about 1.5 hrs use from a 10 hr charging session. I have already sent it back to Archos once to fix problems copying files from my microdrive, which they fixed for free but it took a few weeks to return.

     

    The JBMM is now out of warranty so was looking for any advice/tips on solving my issues.

     

    Luckily I am not the only person to have suffered these issues.

     

    I found the following site which is not for the faint hearted or those unfamiliar with a soldering iron.

     

    http://www.hotmp3gear.com/MMJBfixes.htm

     

    Make sure you read the disclaimer so you are aware of what you are getting yourself into. It shows you how to take apart and rebuild your JBMM plus common problems and their solutions.

     

    I found the instructions very helpful and I had the battery contact problem with my JBMM.

     

    Also while I was looking around I found this link to a place purporting to sell an improved battery.

     

    http://www.newmp3technology.com/accessorie...ies.html#aminib

     

    This I have not yet tried.

     

    Hope this helps anyone who has been suffering bad battery life.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.