New Filters from Tokina have a hydrophilic coating that prevents drops from forming. This is what I want on my dome for over/unders!!!!
http://petapixel.com/2013/09/16/tokina-rain-dispersion-filter-problem-keeping-rain-lens/
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by jmauricio ·
Read-only discussion
New Filters from Tokina have a hydrophilic coating that prevents drops from forming. This is what I want on my dome for over/unders!!!!
http://petapixel.com/2013/09/16/tokina-rain-dispersion-filter-problem-keeping-rain-lens/
Has anyone tried using Rust-Oleum's Neverwet (http://www.neverwet.com/) on a lens or dome?
The substance may form an air boundary layer and interfere with the optical property of the port. It makes the outer layer hydrophobic. Ports are designed for water contact. Several brands of these nano-coating substance is available now I have yet to see if one could work with ports.
Cheers
neverwet leaves an opaque film on whatever you spray it on. it is not suitable for uw photography
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.