Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Wideangle and +2 diopter

Started by KanylenDK ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Wideangle and +2 diopter

4 posts
  1. Hi All

     

    Im in the process of buying a Aquatica setup for my Canon 5Dmk3 and will be using the 16-35mm in the 8" dome.

     

    I can´t really decide if I want to buy the +2diopter to use with the setup.....any advice or experience ??

     

    /cheers

    T

  2. Looking at aquatica chart for your camera and lens a diopter is not needed to recreate the focus point under the dome your lens had outside of the housing. Some camera and lens combos under the dome port you would have a farther focus point. But you would get a closer focus point with the diopter if that is what your looking for. So you could get closer to subjects for less backscatter.I have a aquatica d40x housing for my nikon d40x. I use the 16-85mm lens. On the aquatica chart i used a +4 diopter for everything from wide angle to 1:2 macro . For 1:1 macro I add a second +4 diopter for 1:1 macro and smaller. It works very good. Sharp photos. For samples of my work. With the diopter on you can't do half and half shots as the lens would focus underwater but not in air.

    http://reefscenics.smugmug.com/

  3. Aquatica doesn't require you to use a +2 diopter with the 8" dome/16-35L combo. The MFD of the 16-35L is 12" from sensor. I've used this setup with no problems with my 5dmk2.

     

    S.

    Edited by Stewart L. Sy
  4. Thank you,

     

    Cheers

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.