I just bought the XIT404 focus body / ring combo from Backscatter. When using my 105 lens with a 10+ diopter wet lens, I really like to have the option of a manual focus. I really don't like to have that extra knob on the end of my macro port. the XIT404 does a great job of allowing me to use the zoom / focus knob on my Aquatica housing to focus my 105 lens. I am really surprised that Aquatica does not offer this as a manufacturer produced item. Way to go XIT404!
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
XIT404 focus ring for 105VR (Aquatica)
Started by diverdoug1 ·
- 3Posts
- 3Replies
Read-only discussion
XIT404 focus ring for 105VR (Aquatica)
-
-
XIT404 has an excellent reputation for third party accessories, they came up with this design quite a while ago and made it available for different brand of housings, their focus gear offer another method of focusing than the one used by many housing manufacturers. Both method of manually focusing have their virtues and followers (I locate my knob so it is underneath, this way I support the housing much like I would a regular DSLR, one hand under the lens, the other on the body).
Bottom line is that I feel it is comforting for all of us to see,that the underwater photography industry is healthy, and can support specialized companies, such as XIT404, which offer alternative accessories for the end users.
-
Jean, I like that Aquatica pays enough attention to even respond to posts like this. So Way To Go Aquatica too!