Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Hard to remove Sea & Sea ports

Started by fxvideo ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Hard to remove Sea & Sea ports

7 posts
  1. I have a hard time to remove my ports of my Sea & Sea DX60 housing. The removal of the dome port is OK, but my extension ring is almost impossible to remove, I'm just unable to rotate the port. I think it is the material of the O-ring that causes this problem. Are there any other users with the same problem and a possible solution.

  2. Are you using the correct o-ring lube? Sea&Sea yellow and blue tube for the blue o-rings. Sea&Sea yellow and black tube for the black o-rings.

  3. I always have to use a strap wrench to rotate mine after they have been to depth.

     

    Good luck,

    Steve

  4. One of those special devices for removing oil filters from car engines. Looks like a length of bicycle chain with a handle on one end. Tension it right before turning and it should not slip and scratch. Most auto parts or hardware shops will sell it.

  5. One of those special devices for removing oil filters from car engines. Looks like a length of bicycle chain with a handle on one end. Tension it right before turning and it should not slip and scratch. Most auto parts or hardware shops will sell it.

     

    You might like this one better.

     

    http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-rubber-strap-wrench-set-94119.html‎

     

    Edited by blibecap
  6. All thanks for the reply, looks like it is normal for this housing/ports. I didn't know about the greases but I was using the correct type.

  7. Yes is normal for Sea&Sea Housing-ports

     

    bye

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.