Quick question about stitching images together.
What is the best software to create a panorama from a number of images? I have tried it in PS CS6 to good effect but wondered if there are any other options out there that are worth a try? An idea of the range of option would be handy so I could head down a google search and have a shot myself.
Any to add complexity.. how about with video? What is the best software to stitch video footage to make a long still image?
I saw someone once with an image stitching software that allowed all the images to be roughly laid out and then datum points put in each image that the software would then align. I guess it would have a slightly heavier archeological rigour but in many ways, that would help. ANy ideas what that would be?
here is one of my practice surface shots that is a composite of about 30 images. Was chuffed with the result, especially for the first shot. However, I would like to make a composite of a wreck site looking down to show the whole. Any guidance from the group would be really welcome.
Thanks loads, keep up the good work!

