Do not do this with your pet doggy......
Just came across this video. Shot with Red Scarlet and a custom housing....something different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C9ldQckzQY
Also this on how it was made....fascinating process.
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by CheungyDiver ·
Read-only discussion
Do not do this with your pet doggy......
Just came across this video. Shot with Red Scarlet and a custom housing....something different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C9ldQckzQY
Also this on how it was made....fascinating process.
Do you have the password for the "making of" clip?
Yes. Type in "scubadogs"
here are more VFX and post production magic behind the scene stuff....http://www.syndicate.se/folksam-scubadogs/
cheers
How disappointing. They didn't actually take the dogs diving in the ocean... ![]()
Don't believe everything you see in adverts
)
Even the Humpback and Turtle are CGIs....crikey and I thought they were real.
The DP is Eric Börjeson, one of the cameramen on Océans. Nice work with the dogs, Eric. I have to wonder if the SPCA will object to dunking the dogs into water! ![]()
David, the camera was an Epic. The Scarlet can't do 120fps in 5k.
Peter, there's an ocean swimming dog in Moz. I think I'll go shoot her next year since I forgot to do it last year! 120fps seems to be a good way to go.
Peter, there's an ocean swimming dog in Moz. I think I'll go shoot her next year since I forgot to do it last year! 120fps seems to be a good way to go.
Might make a nice series: terrestrial creatures that enjoy the ocean; dogs, horses, elephants, crocodiles, scuba divers...
NO TO ELEPHANTS! If you saw what they did to Rajan the elephant in the 80s to get it to go into the sea as a young elephant, you slap all these stupid tourist/photogs who anthropomorphize Rajan's joy. There are good reasons why there aren't anymore swimming elephants. No need for them as a transport and too much trouble to subjugate into the sea!
Dunno about horses but I would think the same? I remember last year there was a story about a horse bolting into the sea and swimming miles offshore and had to be rescued. Dogs are dumb so they'll jump into anything. This particular dog in Moz is a great sea going dog though.
As for divers, unless it's modeling, I avoid humans in my shots like the plague! ![]()
Anthropomorphize... subjugate... I feel like I'm in English vocab classes again.
Apparently wild boars can be a bit handy in the water too.
The Scarlet can't do 120fps in 5k.
Yes I do know the difference between a Scarlet and an Epic. Yes a stupid typo. I meant to say Eric B bought a Scarlet after this shoot somehow I got the words swapped. It is indeed shot at 120 FPS.
I could not believe these dogs would actually dive down to the bottom of the pool.
Pigs are clever animals so they won't be bothered to fetch a ball and dive into a pool. Didn't Wetpixel showed some piglets cavorting on the beach in shallow water? Or is it all hogwash :0)))))
I could not believe these dogs would actually dive down to the bottom of the pool.
Pigs are clever animals so they won't be bothered to fetch a ball and dive into a pool. Didn't Wetpixel showed some piglets cavorting on the beach in shallow water? Or is it all hogwash :0)))))
I'd assume dogs have the same blurred vision as humans do, so it was probably specially trained dogs on the job. We should ask Eric!
Pig Beach on Big Major Cay is a famous destination in the Bahamas. It's definitely not Hogwarts! ![]()
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.