Adapter for combining Nauticam compact 30 port and subsee +10
Started by njmpm ·
9Posts
9Replies
Read-only discussion
Adapter for combining Nauticam compact 30 port and subsee +10
9 posts
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know if there is an adapter to connect the subsee +10 diopter to my Nauticam Compact 30 port. The port doesn't have any thread so I can't use the M67 port adapters. Also I am using the Nikon 60mm 2.8D lens so there isn't even a port that I can purchase that has the 67mm thread like the Macro Port 60 for the ED version of this lens! I think I can purchase the Woody's Diopter that will just push on the front of the port but really wanted to use the Subsee. Am I resigned to having to buy the ED lens and a port with 67mm thread? Does anyone know?
I messaged Xit404 on Facebook as their email link is not working but I can't get a reply. I believe they make adapters for Ikelite, Subal, Aquatica etc but can't see one for a Nauticam port. Are there any Xit404 reps on Wetpixel?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Nick
Nauticam UK supply an adapter that allows the 67mm dia lenses to be fitted to my Flat Port 72. It is push fit onto the front of the port - I don't know the dia. of the Compact 30 but I guess your local Nauticam dealer could advise.
Nauticam Macro Port 60 + 10mm Extension (which bolts on the back) works well with 60mm /2.8D. It actually vignettes a bit on full frame at more distant focusing distances. No issues on DX though, and actually no issues at the typical distances you'd use this lens with.
The geometry of Compact Port 50 (for which there is a sub see adapter) and Compact port 30 is pretty similar (same window size, for example), and that Subsee adapter could likely be adapted.
Actually Ryan I was checking out your website and you apparently sell a Nauticam Compact Port 30 With M67 Thread?
Yes, there is such a thing. You get the same vignette problem at distant focusing distances on FX but no problem on DX. Which camera are you using?
Hi Alex,
I am using a Nikon D7000 in the Nauticam NA-D7000V housing. I actually saw that Reefnet make their own universal adapters for their Subsee diopters but interested to know what other ones are available.
Once you get the Subsee +10 set up with the 60mm AF-D you'll find it's nearly impossible to focus. The focus is so close to the lens that you have to be virtually on top of the subject and the DOF is so short that the slightest movement will lose focus. You'll almost certainly want to use manual focus if you do it. Haven't tried it but I've heard +5 is a better choice.