Can any body suggest a macro solution for the NEX-6 & Nauticam. I've read that the 30mm macro isn't really suitable because of the distance to subject being a bit to close.
I'd be happy to use an external wet diopter such as the Subsee +5/10 and the like, just wanting to find a lens that would give me acceptable close up results.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
John
Zeiss Touit 50mm F2.8 1:1 Macro will be available Feb 27, 2014, according to BH Photo listing.
Thanks A.Y. For the pointer to the new Zeiss lens.
John
Yes for the 50mm. Now 6 months overdue grrr. At the moment on my NEX7 I use the kit lens 18-55 with a Subsee +10 or the Inon UCL165 lens with the converter.
Will Nauticam provide a port for the Zeiss lens?
Yes for the 50mm. Now 6 months overdue grrr. At the moment on my NEX7 I use the kit lens 18-55 with a Subsee +10 or the Inon UCL165 lens with the converter.
Do you feel as though you get satisfactory results with the kit lens & Subsee combination?
Will Nauticam provide a port for the Zeiss lens?
Nauticam seem to produce ports for most of the usable lenses so fingers crossed!
Let's hope the final lens will be what we need for a usable macro for the NEX system...
Currently 30/3.5 is the only option. Coupled with Subsee +ve, ext tube or dry lens, it becomes a supermacro tools.
Can't use an extension tube without some type of extension for the port. Can't use a dry lens because not enough space inside the port. Can't use an outside closeup lens very well because the lens at 1:1 already focuses to close to the subject and all you would be doing is backing up without gaining any magnification.
The attached is I think the best current solution along with the Ziess 50mm macro for NEX coming at some point.