Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Special d-ring for ScubaPro cam bands?

Started by echeng ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Special d-ring for ScubaPro cam bands?

4 posts
  1. Does anyone know where I can get the special D-ring for a ScubaPro cam band? It is a bit more complex than just a normal D-ring. The place I purchased the cam band has full assemblies, but no parts.

    image002.jpg

  2. Eric:

     

    I'm in Maui, sitting back between dive days, killing time, what a better place to spend time (wetpixel).

    I know this is an old post, but looking at the D ring, I would have to wonder how it was manufactured. If I needed the same one, I'd probably make it in two pieces of stainless steel and then weld the two pieces together, I can't imagine putting the pieces together then doing the final bends into the tube.

     

    BTW, had a chance to attend one of your seminars a few years ago, you have improved my lighting and reduced backscatter.

     

    I've been a diver since the 60's and have machine shop skills, have built housings, etc. I just modified an Ikelite housing made for a Canon 7D into one that would accept a 7D mII, Ikelite said it wouldn't work, never give up.

     

    Jim

    Edited by emptech
  3. I think I'd look for a used strap, preferably in horrible shape and cheap (eBay?), and cut the ring off.....

  4. Scubapro dealers can get those...I got a price from my dealer for him a long time ago, sent a pm, and got no reply...

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.