Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Depth and our housings

Started by Thoms ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Depth and our housings

9 posts
  1. Q: How deep did you take your equipment?

     

    Got s&s housing for d200 and I'm wondering what depth will it last? S&S is confirming 60m/200ft. But the question is about general housings, not particulary this one

  2. I've had an mdx300 to 80m a few times with no issues. Have mdx800 now which is rated to 100m, the only issue is I'm still using optical glass dome which is only rated to 60m.

     

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. I just took a Nauticam 5d3 rig, with 8.5" acrylic dome and carbon fibre float arms to 125m. worked a charm, quite impressed with housing to be honest

     

    was also testing a fisheye focus light to the same depth, no issues at all.

     

  4. I have had an Ikelite to 240 fsw.

  5. I was down to 50 m with a Meikon Housing..

  6. Dear Xabain2003.

    Were you able to shoot using Meikon...Mine was not able to shoot under 19m

  7. My old Nexus housing went to 55m, although some of the control buttons locked up.

  8. While in Bali last year I took my Subal housing for the D800 to just below 200 ft three or four times with no leaks.

     

    Fred

  9. Dear Xabain2003.

    Were you able to shoot using Meikon...Mine was not able to shoot under 19m

     

    Buttons jammed?

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.