In another thread there was/is some discussion about the settings of the Inon strobe in combination with the Oly. I am opening a new thread, because if someone else is doing a search on this topic it might be easier to find. Hope this is okay.
There were different opinions on how the ACC-button should be set - in, out, or does not matter..
So I made some test shots, one single Inon Z-240 Type4 connected via fiber optic cable to a Nauticam housing.
Here are the results:
When shooting the strobe in S-TTL (and the camera in flash fill), it does not matter if the button is in or out.
When shooting the strobe in M (and the camera in 1/64 strobe power), the button must be pushed in to influence the strobe output.
When shooting the strobe in M (and the camera in 1/64 strobe power) and having the button OUT, it seems that the strobe always fires at the lowest possible manual power; when shooting at f/22 or at f/8 there is NO visible difference between manual power EV2 or EV8.
Any comments, do I oversee something?
Jock