New beginner article - what subject?
Hi Folks,
It's about time for me to start working on my monthly article. I had one suggestion to write about "Intro to DSLR Settings."
Any other suggestions?
Cheers
James
Read-only discussion
Hi Folks,
It's about time for me to start working on my monthly article. I had one suggestion to write about "Intro to DSLR Settings."
Any other suggestions?
Cheers
James
"Underwater DSLR (shooting) workflow" or "parts of a strobe setup/parts of a DSLR housing setup - the way it works and how it all fits together"...etc.
James,
Strobes pitch light, cameras catch it.
How about a strobe placement strategy article. What I envision would be an actual image showing strobe placement next to an image of what the resulting effect would be. Then change the strobe position and show the changing lighting effect. It would require two diver/photographers working in tandem. Find someone willing to photograph you while you explain lighting options for macro, CFWA, single strobe, dual, minimizing backscatter, etc.
Doesn't have to be all in one article, you can split it up.
hth,
b
Great idea Bob. For me, using a single stobe only, I could really benefit from that article.
Thanks for asking James!
great idea, i'd really like to read that. i think it would make for great learning.
my thanks as well for asking
/paul
Hi James,
how about something slightly different. I keep hearing about knowing the shot you want to shoot before you even leave the house / boat etc. On the thread about choosing lenses Alex mentioned that he was compiling his shot list - something that was new to me but having read it, I can instantly imagine its purpose.
So, how about a piece about planning - do's, dont's, etc etc. This seems to be to be one of those big telling differences between Pro / Amateur shooters and one that may greatly help us beginners.
What do you think?
Tim
ps I like the idea of Single strobe placement as well.
All good ideas folks! Keep them coming.
Sincerely,
James
Hi James,
I am new to Underwater Photography, but an old surface photographer. One of the most important subjects of any type of photography is lighting, and it is also the one aspect that the majority of new photo amateurs do not know how to handle. An article about strobes (e.g. What is the difference between using one or two? amounts of light from strobes needed for macro vs. wide angle, most recommended strobes, techniques for avoiding backscatter, etc) would be one of the most welcomed articles for any newcomer to digital underwater photography. I know I would love to hear all of these questions answered, since I do not have any experience in underwater photography.
Peace,
David.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.