Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Can someone test a Nikon D600 in a D7100 housing?

Started by LCimagery ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Can someone test a Nikon D600 in a D7100 housing?

3 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    My name is Lloyd and I am new to the forums. My current setup is a Nikon D7100 in an Ikelite housing. When I am not underwater my backup body is a D90.

     

    I'd love to have a back up camera that would also work in my housing and I don't really want 2 x D7100's when I could use the money to get an FX camera. Does anyone have and could they test trying a Nikon D600 in a D7100 Ikelite housing or visa versa?

     

    I am hopeful that it may fit! They look almost identical except for slight differences in the dimensions and the Ikelite housing and the controls have a bit of room to move so it might just be possible?

     

    I have read a previous thread on this forum about this before but there was never a conclusion - so I was hoping 1 or more members who are friends have the combined gear to try it out :D

     

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Without the housing...I was told my newly D610 works in a D7100 housing.....with only a few button difference. I will go to a local UW exhibition to find it out.

  3. So I ended up buying the D610, couldn't be happier with the camera - it's amazing. However I can now difinitivly say the D610/D600 does not fit in the Ikelite housing for the D7100. It doesnt even come close, considering how similar the cameras look, the D610 is actually significantly bigger.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.