Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Nudi Eating another Nudi

Started by Oceanshutter ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Nudi Eating another Nudi

11 posts
  1. https://vimeo.com/80434354

     

     

    Hello Everyone,

     

    I put together this short video of a Nudibranch eating another Nudibranch. It really is pretty crazy. I didn't even know they did this. Let me know what you think.

    Hope you enjoy.

    Dustin

  2. That is truly weird - I had no idea. And great video and lighting!

  3. Really nice work. Can I assume that the camera was tripod mounted for this?

    Edited by SwiftFF5
  4. Wow! Nudis have to eat... Navanax around here (SoCal) is known as a fierce hunter, although I have yet to witness an attack. Great shots!

    PS: you didn't bring the poor thing to the big guy, right?

  5. Wow! Nudis have to eat... Navanax around here (SoCal) is known as a fierce hunter, although I have yet to witness an attack. Great shots!

    PS: you didn't bring the poor thing to the big guy, right?

    I was wondering that too. Pretty good coincidence......

  6. I was wondering that too. Pretty good coincidence......

    To repeat my statement, I had no idea they even did this. And, I did not touch the nudis.

     

    Sorry you didn't like it, but I thought it was pretty amazing behavior.

     

    Dustin

  7. I did not mean to doubt your integrity, my apologies if I sounded critical, but I have seen some pretty dubious practice from one photographer bringing 'amazing' pictures back, but handling his 'subjects' like puppets (nudis).

    It's clearly a one in a lifetime encounter for a videographer. Congratulations on a dive which must have been challenging (different angles, focus, etc). Nice short edit too!

  8. I did not mean to doubt your integrity, my apologies if I sounded critical, but I have seen some pretty dubious practice from one photographer bringing 'amazing' pictures back, but handling his 'subjects' like puppets (nudis).It's clearly a one in a lifetime encounter for a videographer. Congratulations on a dive which must have been challenging (different angles, focus, etc). Nice short edit too!

    Thank you. This was actually at the very end of the dive, and only in about 15-20 feet of water. It was a good thing it was shallow, as I was very close to running out of air waiting for it to end. It wasn't too hard to film. As they pretty much stayed in one place.

     

    Dustin

  9. That's awesome! Well done!! Starts so nicely and turns into a horror movie! :-)

  10. That's awesome! Well done!! Starts so nicely and turns into a horror movie! :-)

    Thanks Alison

  11. Amazing behaviour and great shooting !

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.